Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I get for my entry fee?
The Great Beer Run 5K Run & 5K Walk participants receive a Medal, Keepsake Pint Glass, Tech Shirt, Beer & official timing chip with entry fee. Tech shirts are guaranteed if registered before 6/18/16. All finishers are invited to the post race party for snacks, refreshments and celebration. Top Finisher Awards for male and female runners & walkers and age groups awards for the 5K run only.
- How can I sign up for the events?
Online right here on this website on the registration page.
- What are the age limits for the races?
There are no age limits. We encourage participants of all ages to participate in the Great Beer Run but only those 21 years of age and older will recieve a beer at the Finish Line!
- Are the race events walker friendly?
Yes, and there are awards for the top male and female competitive walkers! Participants can walk the 5K competitively with a timed chip if they choose.
- Where can I find the course map?
Click Here: Certified 5k Course
- Are there refunds if I cannot attend? Can someone else run with my bib #?
NO REFUNDS; ONLY TRANSFERS ALLOWED TO ANOTHER PERSON BEFORE 6/23/16.
- Are baby joggers or strollers or pet dogs allowed during the race?
Yes, if you choose to run with a baby jogger or a pet dog, you must start in the back of all runners. It is your responsibility to make sure the baby jogger or pet dog does not impede other runners. Take extra precaution towards your safety, your child's safety and the safety of the runners around you. We reserve the right to pull any person from the race who is endangering other runners or themselves.
- Are headphones allowed during the race?
Yes, headphones are allowed, however we do recommend that runners use extreme precaution when using headphones during the race event for safety reasons.
- When is the last day to register?
With our new online registration parter you can register online up until the day of the run. On-site registration will also be available Saturday, June 25th before the event. (See #10)
- How will I receive my race packet?
You must pick up your race packet (which includes the official race bib to wear) before your scheduled event. We will not mail race packets. You may register after online registration closes using on-site registration & packet pickup on Friday Night 6/24/16 beginning at 3:00pm at Road Runners Sports, Canton Location!
- Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
- Can I register on race day?
Yes, there is on-site registration on race day from 3:30pm till start of your run/walk event.
- Do you accept credit cards for registration on race day?
Yes, on-site registration will accept all forms of payment including checks, cash and credit cards.
- Will there be fluid aid water stations?
Yes, there will be FLUID AID WATER STATIONS on the 5K course. Water will also be provided at the Start & Finish areas. The FIRST AID EMERGENCY station is located at Start/Finish line area and course marshals are located on the course.
- Will there be Restrooms & Porta-Johns available?
Yes, there will be ample porta-johns available along the course.
- Where are Start/Finish lines and what are the event start times?
For course details and event times please see the Event Info Page.
- B-Tag chip timing?
You only need to wear a Race Bib on your shirt front (chip is in the bib).
- Are there Age Group Awards?
5K Run Age group awards: M/F, top finisher per 10-year age group increments. Please check out the details on the Event Info Page.
- Is there an admission fee for the Post Race Party?
There is no general admission fee - Please be our guest!
- Where is parking for the event?
Click Here for Parking Map